- In India, seed oil is applied externally to relieve pain and swelling in case of gout or rheumatism, and to treat skin diseases.
- Oil is used to treat hysteria and scurvy.
- Oil is applied to treat prostrate and bladder troubles.
- Oil is considered to be a tonic and a purgative.
- Seeds are used against fevers.
- Flowers, leaves and roots used as remedies for various tumors, and the seed for abdominal tumors.
- In Aruba, a paste of crushed seeds is spread on warts.
- Pods are believed to be anthelminitic
- Pods are used in affections of the liver and spleen, and in treating articular pains (pain in the joints).