Thursday, May 14, 2020
- Gum, mixed with sesame oil, is used to relieve headaches. This is also poured into ears for the relief of earache.
- In Java, gum is given for intestinal complaints.
- In India, gum is used for dental caries.
- Gum is considered to be diuretic.
- In India and in Senegal, gum is considered useful in treating fevers, dysentery and asthma.
- Gum is used as an astringent and rubefacient (skin tonics).
- In India, gum is sometimes used as an abortifacient.
- In India, gum is used to treat syphilis and rheumatism.